Monday 14 July 2014

Red roses - Part 20



He looked at her confused. Who was she?  She was his friend’s girlfriend and she was telling him to move on? Why? Didn’t she want to know the cause of the death of her love? Didn’t she want him to get justice? He wanted to ask her all these question. But her begging eyes made him think about what she said. Was she right about he being too hard on himself about the loss of his friend?  He had to move on.

He nodded his head , promising her that he wouldn’t divulge into finding the truth about his friend;s death. He started getting back with his life though a part of his heart didn’t want him to stop the journey he had left in middle. He felt miserable sometimes when he would think about his friend.

When he was with Lucy, he pretended that he was okay. It was like any other day. The morning was quiet and calm with few birds chirping here and there. As usual he wasn’t listening while Lucy described about her lonely life.  “ So this is it! I don’t know what to do. I..”, she was talking when she saw that he had drifted to some other thoughts. Instead of shaking him up, she simply got up.

He was startled and all of sudden he came back to reality. She was leaving. “ Where are you going? What happened?”, he asked. “ You don’t even care! Why do you ask now? You weren’t even listening to me and I had noticed you since few minutes back. If you don’t want me to share my life events with you, I won’t. But don’t pretend you care. Bye! I am leaving.”, she cried.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. “ I am sorry. I won’t do that again.”, he apologised. She tried to pull away but his grip was tight. “ Don’t go! I don’t want to lose another friend of mine due to my obnoxious behaviour. I am sorry.. I won’t do that again.”, he said.

She hugged him and instantly forgave him. “ It’s okay. But don’t you ever fly to the dreamland. It’s rude.”, she said. He nodded and asked,” So what were you saying?” She smiled and started with what she did and what she didn’t. Everything became normal again.

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment