Thursday 17 July 2014

Red Roses - Part 23

He looked at her with curious eyes. He ignored her. “ Your face says it all! That’s how anyone can know what you are thinking?”, she said.  He got up and walked towards the door.  She stopped by grabbing his wrist. “ Why are you running away from me? Am I really bad?”, she asked with innocent puppy eyes. It melted his heart instantly.

“ No! You are not bad. But you are Rajeev’s girlfriend. I can’t accept you.It won’t be good. Anyway you won’t understand. It’s best if we don’t meet. Bye”, he said. She didn’t let go. She didn’t want to let go. “Don’t go! It’s okay if you want to take days. I will wait. I have told you this before. But don’t ignore me.”, she said.

“ Dammit! How should I tell you? I can’t do this to my friend. It’s not even six months since he left us. He was good friend to me, maybe he wasn’t good boyfriend to you. Whatever it maybe . You moved too quickly but I haven’t and will never be.”, he said. “ (Sigh) I never loved him. How do I make you understand that I loved you. Won’t you give me one chance to let me into your life.”, she begged, hoping he would accept her.

Unfortunately he walked away. She let him go this time. She didn’t insist him to stay. She controlled her tears until she broke down. He didn’t look back though he wanted to.  The pain hit his heart and all he wanted to do now was to go and hug her. But he didn’t. He did love her. However his love was not important to him than the special friendship he shared with Rajeev.

He didn’t hear from her after that day. No messages. No phone calls. Maybe she did understand at last that what friendship was to him. He prayed that she didn’t do anything stupid. It wasn’t likely that she would do anything stupid. But nowadays girls tend to be hypersensitive about love. He had heard stories about how many girls have tried to sacrifice their life for silly thing called crush that they assume it as love.

Everything was going normal. There was no news about her. So he assumed that she was also doing fine until one fine day, she sent an SOS to him.  It read - “ Please come home, I need your help.  I am in danger.” He was scared and concerned. Thus he rushed to her house.

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment