Tuesday 29 July 2014

Red Roses - Part 28


Her sarcastic smile said it all. She was no angel. She was not what she looked. Confusion and anger were the only emotions monitoring his thought. He wished he wasn’t chained. He wished he hadn’t fallen for her tricks. How would he know? He felt her emergency message was genuine. He hoped that he wasn’t too emotional about hurting people’s heart.

“ Who are you, Lucy? Why do you want to hurt me? What have I done to you?”, he asked. “ Slow down, mate. Too many questions will only reduce the hours of your survival. Don’t you live for few minutes , my sweet love?”, she said politely. “ Don’t play around with me, dammit! Tell me, why have you tied me like this? Why do you want to kill me?”, he growled. “ I didn’t start hurting you and you are already hurt! So why do I want to kill you?”, she said.

He waited for her answer. “ Hmmm.. ok… We aren’t killing you. We are only sucking your soul out. It’s precious for us, you see. It’s like an obligation to devil.”, she said with smile that he had started to loathe. Love !! God! How could he mistook her innocence for anything else. Suddenly she burst out into the wicked laugh.

It made him more furious. “ Look at you! Look at you! I love it when you look at me like that. The anger in your eyes is enough to rejuvenate my desire to suck that bloody soul out of you. I can’t wait and even Fern too. But you are too curious and won’t die until I reveal our secret.”, she said

He stared at both the girls. Both were different from each other but were same in terms of actions. Fern was devilious from inside and outside while Lucy had angelic exterior and evil within inside.  She came closer to him until he could feel her breath.

Her breath and presence made him feel disgust and uneasy. “ So you really want to know who we are right? Fern and me are not sister but are part of one wandering soul who has taken the shelter of devil. This killing that you ‘humans’ call is just a sacrifice or token of our bondage to devil. You and the various other sacrifices are just a part of our duty. You must have heard about the strange killings. Right! If you have read the headlines, you would have known. Those are a part of our sacrifices. But yours is the precious soul from all that we have collected , I bet. To get to you was an amazing journey of impossibilities. Great! We finally got you and for that I should thank Rajeev. The poor fool had to go under knife just for me to get to you. I love him for that”, she said.

( To be continued)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for spending those few minutes reading my blog. I have also checked the link you recommended and applied for it.

    ReplyDelete