Thursday 31 July 2014

Red Roses - Part 29a

I became a toy in his hands. I did what he told me to like a puppet. After he did all those nasty things to me, he would say, “ Hush my sweet pea! You don’t want any undue attention on us. So it’s a secret between us. Don’t  disappoint your uncle.” I would simply follow his orders. Who would believe me? It was late 18th century and women had just started to come out of their shells. Renaissance had just begun but voice of a woman was still hushed.

But I was barely twelve… a child... filled with innocence.Sigh! When I bought the courage and decided to disclose the truth, reality shook me. My poor family had sold me to him. They had planned my betrothal to that evil. The one who I was running away was going to be there for rest of my life.

From that the day of my life , I forgot all the goodness. I accepted the fact that you cannot survive in the world without being bad. So I became bad. I started loving the attention and  previous gifts that he showered on me. There was no expectation from me. I only had to dress well , be a good hostess to all of his guests and provide him all the love that he wanted.

Good things don’t last long. Greed and lust for better life was the only thing I knew in my life. In other words, my husband .. the pathetic man was boring me. His precious gifts didn’t impress me anymore. Our huge house seemed small to me. Our status was not so high like his rich friends.

His rich friends would take their women to balls and gift them with exquisite piece of jewellery. Yes! He did gift me with all that but he would abuse me later. I hated that. So one fine morning, I lost my patience while I was preparing breakfast for him. He was busy throwing abuses at me. Then I don’t where that come from. I raised the knife I was using for cutting vegetables. I stabbed him numerous times. Every time , I did that,I  would stab him for every sin he put me in. I got my revenge and also freedom from the life I was leading.

His death didn’t make much of difference to anyone. He was pain in the ass like you guys would say. However he did one good thing before dying. He had transferred all his wealth in my name. After few days of pretending mourning, I found myself  back to square.

( To be continued)




No comments:

Post a Comment