Tuesday 2 June 2015

Bed of Roses- Part 29

My Sherin always looked pretty. Today she seemed soulless though beautiful. Her eyes were blank, void of happiness or gleam she once carried.  Her face had slight make up but that didn't cover the paleness of her skin.

She was distant. She didn't even stay close to her dearest aunt Sheila. She didn't mingle with people and stayed aloof. She hardly smiled or waved hand to the ones she knew. It seemed she had lost everything. How untrue! I wished she could forget those nasty useless thoughts.

Things don't happen the way you want. I waited for Aunt Sheila to excute the most important part of the plan. I prayed that the plan took place as we wanted. Aunt Sheila walked towards the center of the gathering. Then she sipped her glass of wine. She clapped her hands to gain the attention of Her guests. Some seemed curious. Some jumped with excitement for new gossip. Some seemed disinterested.

Aunt Sheila paused for sometime.Then she started," Hope you guys are enjoying the party. Why wouldn't you enjoy? Great wine! Good people! And more than that its Sheila's party. Obviously you wouldn't go without something juicy to hear."

Aggh! Her flamboyant personality! She has to show off. I don't understand why is there a need to praise oneself and not come to the main point. Anyway she continued, " Well! I love you Sherin. (Pause) Guys, I am pleased to announce a surprise for  Sherin. Sorav, can you do the honours of presenting this gift to her. Opps! I didn't spill this tiny bit of surprise to her. I feel bit tipsy here."

I was embarrased. My face was red. I could see Sherin was feeling embarrassed too. I didn't know how this surprise was going to turn out for her. She dislikes surprises. This one was not going to great surprise ever.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment