Thursday 7 July 2016

The Marital Conditions- Part 7


There was complete silence during the lunch. No words were spoken only their minds spoke. "What went wrong? How do I make them understand that they are spoiling their own lives?", Mikha wondered. Tia found it difficult to munch on her favorite dish. She didn't have appetite to eat it.  When your heart is filled with angst and sorrow, food however tasty it is, you lose the appetite.

Suhail looked down at his plate during the whole lunch time. Manav knew that Suhail wasn't capable of handling Tia. She was high maintenance girl. She needed someone who could maintain same lifestyle she was living. He knew he would witness this scene sometime soon but no one paid any heed to anything he said.

When lunch was done, everyone settled in the couch, staring at each other. They were waiting for someone to start. " I can't stay with him any longer. I can't fight anymore.", Tia broke the silence. "What!You are saying this. You are the one who starts the fight. I should be saying this - I can't stay with you any longer. I can't fight anymore.", Suhail argued.

"No! You are the one who comes home barking at me, on the small matters. You have forgotten that even I work. You don't even help. You only complain.", Tia complained. "Ha! Who is saying that? What am I asking you to do ? Just keep food ready before I come and at least clean the house. I am not asking you big things.", Suhail argued back. Manav was enjoying but Mikha couldn't take it any longer.

"Stop it! Stop it, you two! You both are fighting like kids. Where is that love? Where is that promise you made before getting married? What happened to those conditions? Did you forget them?", Mikha asked. Suhail and Tia stayed quiet. How can they forget those conditions? They knew those conditions by heart.

"Do you guys think marriage is a play? When you are bored, you can get away easily. What about those memories you shared? What about those promised you made during the wedding? All forgotten? Tia, how many times you called me and complained about these tiny issues? I gave you the answer! How many times I reminded you about those conditions? Tia, don't you see, your husband left his family for you! Can't you acknowledge him at least with good food and keep the house clean? Suhail, why don't you share her burden? Even she works like you at office. She needs your help. Why can't small issues like this be sorted calmly?", Mikha said.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment