Saturday 3 September 2016

A night with the fallen star - Part 4

Vikram replayed the incident in his mind. Those people's vacant stares still gave him goosebumps. They seemed like ghosts or maybe psycho fans. Whatever they may be, they were scary. "Again you went back to your old self. What happened there?", she asked. "Nothing! I don't like answering all your questions.", he rebuked. She was embarrassed and said,"Fine! I will not bother you." 

" Some people will never change. They don't understand the word called humanity.", she whispered to herself.  Vikram was oblivious to her allegation. He was in his own world. He wanted only little time for himself and God had conspired to let him have that. He wanted the time to fly soon. It was strange when you want the time to fly soon, it moves too slow. Maybe it's with our mind. Time moves at it's own pace. Our actions determines the speed of the time. It's our human nature to do the opposites. We never let go of the time when we are sad and we let it move faster when we are happy.

Maya couldn't sit idle. Sometime she played with her hair. Sometime she drummed her fingers on her lap. When she fidgeted with the buttons on the stereo player, he would push her fingers away.  She had never been quiet for so long.  "Do you always hide yourself from everyone this way?", she asked, breaking her silence and his thoughts. 

"What? Do you always ask stupid questions like this?", he asked firmly. "Do you ask questions to people who ask questions? ", she asked. He shook his head slowly with irritation. "No, I don't always. But it is different with you. You ask too many unnecessary questions.", he said. She smiled. "I need to hide myself from people even those who are very close to me. The profession I am in requires me to be the way I am. It's difficult for me to trust people with my private life.", he continued. 

"My life is always in  a radar.", he mocked himself.  He remained quiet for sometime. "I am a star. If I share everything I do in my life with everyone, I jeopardize my career.", he said. "You don't have to share your life with everyone. But you can trust few of them with your secrets. Those few are not always bad or wronged people. They could be good ones. They could be your family or friends. You can't always keep all secrets to yourself. You can't keep burning inside. It's better when you share that heat with others. You reduce the fire that has been hurting you and give warmth to the ones who need them.", she said.

He looked at her and then turned his sight to the road. She was making sense to some extent. He had been burning inside. He had been keeping his frustration and anger inside. No one really knew who he was. They stayed away from him because he had always given them cold vibes. "When was the last time you screamed?", she asked out of  nowhere. He gave her a confused stare. "Now what was she going to do?", he wondered.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment