Thursday 8 September 2016

A night with the fallen star - Part 6

He looked around the bridge for one last time. There was no one around. Cool breeze tickled his skin, making him snuggle inside his jacket more. He felt stupid to follow her advice. He tried to scream. But his voice was too low. "What was that? You have to scream loud. This is whispering?", she said.

He stared her with anger. "Scream louder. There is no one to look at you. Imagine that I am not existing.", she said. "I am not going to do this silly thing. I have had  enough.", he growled. "Please just do this once and I won't let you do it again. I had told you at the beginning. You have to do what I say.", she said calmly. He was irritated. He couldn't contain his irritation inside his heart and spilled it in form of loud scream.

She shook by the impact. She wasn't shocked though. She was excited. "How do you feel?", she asked. He started laughing. After few minutes he got back to his old self. "Nothing. Let's go.", he said.

 When they got back inside the car, she started with her never ending questions. "Oh come on! You must have felt great. I know. You are just hiding. Tell me how you felt? Great, right?", she asked. "Yes! Great! Fine! Now we are done.", he said in pretentious excited tone. "Whatever it is. You feel peace inside like...", she carried on but he cut her short.  "Do you always talk non stop? Don't your friends or family ever complain?", he asked.She kept quiet as if she had seen something horrible. "What? What happened?", he asked. She nodded and began, "Nothing! No one ever complains now. After what had happened, no one hardly speaks." He looked at her with confused stare.

 "My life was perfect. I had good job that paid me enough to help my dad. He is the only family I had got. My world was small. It started with dad and ended with providing him good life. In my small world, I made many friends. Some good. Some bad. But after the accident, I lost everything. I stay at the hospital ward, waiting to meet my world. My friends hardly meet me now. They have gotten busy with their lives. My dad is the only daily visitor who comes to meet me. It's heartbreaking to see him come and see me everyday like this.", she said.

 Vikram felt sorry for her. He wanted to know more about what she was going through. But he didn't know. Words failed. He wasn't used to feeling bad for others. He was always engrossed in his own problems to even notice others.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment