Friday 14 April 2017

The Untouchable - Part 7

 He closed the drawer with the bang when he came back to his senses. "What was I thinking? She is a star and it isn't ethical. I am no longer a fan. I am her director.", he scolded himself. He tried to push those thoughts away. But they came back whenever he tried harder. He lay on the bed and tried to close his eyes. He wasn't able to sleep.

The night wasn't too long. When the drowsiness led him to close his eyes, the alarm rang. It was already morning. He hadn't slept the whole night. He reached the film studio with red eyes and drowsy face. He had taken cold water bath and drank hot coffee. But drowsiness didn't shy off. Every few minutes when he found time alone, he would close his eyes.

Everyone asked him to sleep. He was stubborn. He didn't listen and continue to work. When everyone were done with advising him, Roop spoke, "Why don't you take rest?" "I am fine.", he said. "Have you seen yourself? You were not feeling well yesterday. Today you are not even in good shape to work.", she said. "Are you a doctor? I am fine.", he snapped. "Fine! Whatever!", she said and walked away.

During lunch, Roop was chatting with her co-stars, "He is stubborn! I only advised him for his good and he snapped at me just like that.""He is not listening to anyone. Everyone tried to persuade him. Anyone leave him.", one of them said.

It was drama scene. Varun was watching the screen to check if the characters were on positions. He was having his sixteenth coffee and rubbed his eyes infinite times. He cursed love. It had taken his sleep and peace of mind. He couldn't concentrate on work and felt bad for snapping at Roop. He wanted to apologize.

It was Roop's turn to say the dialogues. She started with the first line. Before she could complete her lines, she fainted. "Cut it!", he yelled and rushed towards her. He sprinkled few drops of water on the face. She regained her consciousness and slowly opened her eyes. "How are you feeling?", he asked. "I am fine.", she replied. "I will call your driver. You can go home and take rest.", he said. "I don't need rest. You need. So you go home and take rest.", she said. "Are you joking?", he asked. She smiled and replied,"I was joking. I am fit and fine."

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment