Monday 27 August 2018

O'Suzzanna - Part 15

She looked at him angrily. "Why did you care? I marry , I don't marry. It's my life. Who are you to say anything?", she said rudely. Tears in her eyes, she shivered in anger.  He didn't reply. He didn't understand the feelings running in his heart.

"You are marrying because I didn't reciprocate back your love. You are angry. I know. But don't ruin your life like that.", he said. His words were like fuel to her anger. "How dare you? I have stood by you always and yes, you broke my heart. But that doesn't mean I marrying someone else by forgetting you. Why does it even matter to you whether I marry or not?  You have Suzzanna. Be happy with your imaginative lover and let me move on.", she fought.

He held her tight. "Suzzanna is not imaginative. She is real. One day I will find her and bring her to you.", he snarled. She smirked and said," Fine! I will be happiest to meet her. Speak to me only when you find her. Goodbye!". She stormed towards her room while he watched her with blazing fury.

That day ego won over the friendship. Jacob locked himself inside his room and tossed everything. His mother tried to intervene and cool his temper. He cried badly as he slept on his mother's lap. His mother mistook his emotion for one sided love for his friend. She advised him to forget her and be happy for her as a friend. He didn't say anything to clear his mother's misunderstanding.

Sue was distraught. She wished she had not said anything. She wished she had not accepted Ryan's proposal. She still loved Jacob. Every word Jacob said broke her inside. She had decided not to be affected by Jacob's presence. But she was. She had tried many times to distance herself from him. She couldn't. Her love for Jacob got stronger when she met him in the morning.

She had almost believed when he had stormed toward her and asked her why she was marrying. She was wrong. He was jealous indeed. But he believed more in his imaginary love story than her love for him. She had failed again to recognize that there was no love in Jacob's heart except for his false ego.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment