Monday 14 September 2015

Sweetness of Love- Part 6


He smiled. He nodded his head to and fro for few minutes. " You will never change. You only want to run away from problems.", he said, jokingly. She stopped. She didn't turn behind. She couldn't stand looking at him any longer.  There were times when she would pray that the minutes passed slower so that she could look at his face all day. Now she only wanted to go away.. far away from all this pain.

"I expected better answer from you. I thought you would say- 'I am right for the job. Though I don\t have right skill set, this job will be challenge for me to learn them'. Instead, you say that you don't deserve the job. At least for once, won't you believe in yourself?", he said. She turned behind this time. She stared at him directly into his eyes.

" What do you want me to do? I am sorry! I came here. I didn't mean to...", she growled but stopped when she was about to speak more. She didn't want him to know what happened when she left him. She didn't want him to know about her child. "Sit down. We haven't finished.", he said calmly as well as firmly.

She sat. They still haven't finished. He was reading her CV again , looking for facts he would ask for or rather find what the hell she was doing when she left her. Her horrors almost surfaced when he asked her, "You never married! Interesting! Why?"  "I didn't think it was necessary with regards to my situation. I have to take care of my family.", she replied.

"Funny! It's funny to hear the word 'care' from selfish woman like you.", he whispered. "What? I didn't get you.", she asked. "Nothing!", he replied. Later he asked her few more questions and asked her to leave after telling her that he would let her know the final results.

She knew the answer. She was not getting the job. She felt that this was his way of poking fun at her and letting her know how miserable she was without him. As soon as she left, he had called his trusted friend to investigate on her. He wanted to know everything that had happened since the time she left him alone.

(To be continued)


No comments:

Post a Comment