Wednesday 16 September 2015

Sweetness of Love- Part 8


Her mother wondered, "Why did he come? Did he learn about my granddaughter? Where is my daughter?" She didn't want to let him in. But he forced himself inside. She didn't say anything. She didn't want to create any scene in front of his neighbors.

He looked around the hall. It was typical middle class where the furniture were second hand goods and placed in unorganized way. He could feel the poverty crying out from certain places while some showed the signs of little riches.

Her mother followed him and asked him politely, " What would you like- tea or coffee?" "Nothing Aunty!", he replied. "Hmm.. so what brings you?", she asked. Dhriti had just returned and was surprised to see Sameer. "Ma! What else can bring him here? He only wanted to check whether I had anyone other than family in my life.", she said suddenly.

" No, I don't have anyone in my life. My family is everything to me. I don't need a man to take care of my family and me. I am independent woman. Are you happy now?", she sneered. Her daughter ran towards her mother due to fear. She didn't want to face her mother's fury.

He smiled. He had seen many of her furies. But this one made him smile. He couldn't believe that vulnerable woman like her would do say all that. He walked closer to her daughter and asked, " What is your name, darling?". He offered a chocolate as treat to her. She accepted like the usual excited kids of her age.

Her daughter stared at her glare and returned the chocolate. "I am Trisha.", her daughter said shyly, looking down. She felt awkward by his presence. Her name "Trisha" rang bells, bringing memories he held deep down inside

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment