Monday 18 July 2016

A night with the fallen star - Part 1


It was midnight. The streets were empty. The roads were perfect for a long drive except for few humps. Vikram drove his car at top speed. He ignored the speed indicators. He enjoyed the speed and the music that played in the background. It helped him to be at ease and be someone who actually he was.

World adored him. Everyone wanted to be part of his life. To the world, he was the scion of legendary  movie star. For the media, he was rich spoilt kid who loved controversies. For his fan, he was God, they worshiped. But no one knew his real side. He hated that world. He wished for a simple normal life. A life without Page 3 controversies, fans waiting for hours outside his house to catch his glimpse or his over demanding father. He wished he get away from this. Unfortunately acting was the only thing he knew. He was good actor in reel and real life.

He was driving on a vacant street with tiny rays of light flickering from the street lights. He felt there was someone in middle of the road. He pushed the brakes hard that it made huge noise to stop. However he almost hit the person. "Not again", he thought. He was involved in many hit and run cases. Due to his father's name and his popularity, he always managed to get bail. He got out of the car instantly to check on the person.

The person was her. Fortunately she wasn't hit. She had fallen on the ground due to fear of getting hit. "Are you okay?", he asked. "Yes! I am fine.", she got up with limping leg. He stared at her with surprised expression. She was very young, barely out of her teens. "You look injured. Please come. Let me take you to hospital.", he said politely, assisting her towards the car. "No, it's fine. I..", she said but he interrupted, "Please let me help you. It's midnight. It is not safe."

She stared at him and asked, "How do you think I would be safe with you? You are drunk." "I am not that kind of person. I only had two drinks. I can drive. Don't you know me.", he said. "I know you very well. You are the star who thinks the roads are your father's property.", she mocked.  He was upset. "Ah! Let me guess, you want to bribe me for not filing a case against you for this accident.", she said. 

"No.. Ok! Yes if you think so. I don't want you to file a case against me for this minor accident. By the way, this is not an accident. I barely hit you.", he said. "You did. I am limping.", she said. "What do you want?", he asked. "Hmm! I will not file a case against you. But you have to take out for night out. I have five hours before sun rises. You have already wasted fifteen minutes. Now it is up to you to make my night the most memorable night ever.", she said.  He was shocked and wondered the intentions of the young girl standing before him.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment