Tuesday 19 July 2016

A night with the fallen star - Part 2

He didn't know what to do. He never hung out with people unless it was business purpose. He always spent the midnight hours alone, driving long vacant roads to clear his mind. But he was in a fix. He couldn't leave her. "Okay! Just few hours. After that you will leave me alone.", he agreed her condition. She was excited. "Hmmm.. You never know you may like my company.",she said with smile.

He sulked. He helped her sit inside the car and started the engine to drive. They didn't speak for few minutes. She looked around, gazing the outside world through the window. He was focused on driving. She played around with the in built stereo. She was enjoying the sound of pressing randomly the buttons of the radio. He didn't mind initially. But he got irritated and grabbed her hand firmly from the stereo. She looked at him, shocked and pulled her hand from his hold.

 "Sorry. I am not used to people touching my stuffs.", he said apologetically. " It's okay. I understand.", she said, looking outside the window. After few minutes, he spoke, " I am Vikram. And you are ?" "I know you are Vikram.", she said, turning towards him for a minute. "I know. I was trying to make a conversation. We just met. I am not used to driving with a stranger at this hour. ", he said. "I am Maya.", she said while she smiled.


"What else you are not used to?", she joked. "What?", he asked bewildered. She laughed. "I was joking. You are not used to people playing with your stuff. You are not used to driving with people at this hour. So I thought you might have a list of things that you are not used to. It would be easy for me to hang out with you tonight.", she said, laughing at her own sarcasm.

He smirked. "Well! I don't have any of such 'not used to thing' habit. I am used to everything.", she said. He didn't smile. He held the steering wheel firmly. He felt like throwing her out of the car. But he didn't. He simply rode the car. "Oh my gosh! You are angry ? Don't take any of my jokes seriously. I am used to pulling people's leg. It's one of my hobby. I cannot sit without talking nonsense. Bear with me for few hours.", she said.

He didn't say anything. He was waiting for the time to get over. He cursed the time he got out of the car to help her. Suddenly she shouted, "Stop the car. Stop the car." He stopped. His heart had almost reached his mouth. "Now what happened!", he wondered.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment