Monday 2 July 2018

O' Suzzanna - Part 7

Surprised and startled, she stood doing nothing. She was finding words to say. She watched him bend down and inhale on the perfectly drawn lines of powder using a rupee note. He rose to sitting position. His eyes were closed. He was in ecstasy.

She remembered the promise she made to his mother. She rushed to him. Her presence startled everyone now. She pulled him by his collar and slapped him. He pushed her in retaliation. "How dare you slap me?", he slurred.  " I should have slapped you before. But I chose to cover your mistakes. As a friend, I failed. But now I won't let you do this. I won't let you ruin your life.",she said, feeling embarrassed and angry at the same time.

He pulled her hand and dragged her close to him. For a minute, she had forgotten everything. She only wanted to be close to him. She searched love in his bloodshot eyes. She found nothing. "You already created a scene. Now don't be a prick and ruin my life.", he snarled at her. "Please don't do this. You are everything to your mother and me.", she said, weeping softly.

He released her. "Why do you have to be goody two shoes? Why can't you once enjoy and let others enjoy life?", he mocked her. "I have always let you do what you want because I always loved you unconditionally.", she said, finally opening her feelings for him.

"Love! Sorry my friend, but you know I love someone else.", he said laughing at her. "But Suzzanna doesn't even exist. She is just your imagination.", she growled at him. "Don't you ever say that. She is not my imagination. I will find her one day. You will see that.", he argued.

"What am I then to you?", she asked one last time. "You were my friend once. Now you are nothing to me.", he said, breaking her heart. "Okay! Then I have no use being here. All the best for future, Jacob. You will never see me again. I had great pleasures of being your doormat.", she said. Jacob didn't understand then. He was under strong influence of drug. If he was normal, he would do anything to stop his best friend and nothing such would have happened between them.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment