Monday 27 November 2017

Mind Your Business - Part 3


He had huge dark circles under his eyes. His eyes were red due to lack of sleep. He had slight hunch on his back. His lips were dry. He looked ghost himself. The woman shrieked, looking at his physical condition. "What happened to you, Vicky?", she asked, as she touched his face.Her touch was motherly. Instantly he almost fell over her.

She held him still as well as close the door behind them. She helped him towards the sofa where she laid him there. She poured glass of water from jar on the dinning table. She helped him to drink like a mother helping her small child. He was like her child. He was her little brother and youngest in the family.

In this hassle, she had forgotten to notice something. She felt strange chill inside the house. It wasn't winter yet. The AC wasn't switched on. There was no windows open for cold wind to pass through. "Are you fine, Vicky?", she asked. He stayed quiet. She sat next to him and touched his hand. "You are not meeting anyone. You are not talking to anyone. I heard that you left your job. You are not even picking my call. What's wrong?", she said. There was no answer.

"I am your sister. You can share anything with me. I am here for you.", she said. Vicky broke into tears. He cried like a baby. She didn't stop him. She rubbed his back gently to let him relax. When he stopped, he spoke,"I feel there is something wrong with me, Sakshi. I lost my best friend because of my silliness. Now nothing is going right in my life. I can't go out of this house. Something is not letting me leave. It's trapping me inside. It's killing me slowly."

Sakshi felt bad for her brother. She knew how he adored Ronny. They were like two pods in a pea. Vicky was blaming himself for Ronny's death since six months. He had not forgiven himself. He had confined himself in the house. She thought that he would come out of his shell if he was surrounded with people than walls. She decided to take him home with her. She felt he would slowly let go of his guilt if he was with his family.

"You are coming home with me.", she said. "But ..why?", he asked. She said, "No buts! No why! You are just coming." She helped him pack his bag. As he reached the door, he tried to twist the knob with fear. He looked tensed and turned behind to see several times. Sakshi sensed that something was wrong with Vicky. He had become extremely fearful. "There is no one. Let's go.", she said, helping him open the door. She was wrong. A black apparition followed them as they left the house.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment