Wednesday 5 September 2018

The ShowOffs - Part 2


They stared at him with intense perplexity. What he had asked was impossible for them. Their gaze then shifted at each other. They were like chalk and cheese. They were paid hefty fees for their role in movie. But that didn't mean they would do anything for the movie. Simran fidgeted her hands at the thought of being in relationship with Rajbir. She worried about her image of not dating anyone from the movie industry. Her image was just a small issue. The greatest concern was her mother's fury .Her mother would skin her if she found out about her relationship with any movie actor.

" What! RK sir, this is not possible. She and I are from two different world. Public knows that.They won't buy that easily.", Rajbir argued. For the first time Simran agreed with Rajbir. She nodded like an excited kid. "Anything can happen in this industry. Linkups,hookups and even breakups too. Public doesn't care about the truth in this industry. They just want entertainment. A small gossip can never be harmful if it can bring you in the limelight.", RK explained.

"But this gossip can fuel my mother's fury. You know how my mother reacts to such news.", Simran said anxiously. "I will discuss with her.", RK assured her. "So let's take a week to sort this thing out. I will discuss with your mom tomorrow. Hopefully Rajbir will break up with your girlfriend within this week. We don't have much time and then we can get started with our pre promotion plan.", RK said excitedly, dreaming already about how his idea would succeed.

"But I haven't given my nod. How can I just break a three year old relationship? It will be difficult for me as well as my girlfriend. I can't do this . I love her too much.", Rajbir protested. RK was annoyed. He smirked and was about to say something. He was politely interrupted by Simran, "I am sorry RK, but do you think my mother will agree. You know I have a reputation. Just for a movie, I don't think she would let me take that risk."

"I understand it's not easy. But you got to try. Rajbir, sometimes we need to take up huge risks to climb up the ladder. Even if it means to break some relationship. If you still wish to stay with your relationship, it's okay, I won't stop you. But I want to remind you that Samir Khan was my first choice for the role I gave you. He wouldn't even think twice to join me if I called him. He has far more popularity than you. What is your say, should I cancel your contract?", he said with dark eyes.

Rajbir was stunned. He agreed to cooperate finally. "Simran, why don't I accompany you back to your place for a chit chat with your mother... I mean my dear friend. It's been a while I have met her. I may also discuss this idea. I am sure she will agree. ",  RK said with huge smile. Simran smiled weakly, thinking about her mother's reaction.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment