Tuesday 16 October 2018

The ShowOffs - Part 7

Rajbir grabbed his manager by his collar. His eyes were burning with fury. His breath smelled of anger. He was in mode of distress. The only thing in his mind was to kill his manager. He wanted to lash out all kind of abuses. But he could only muster out "Why?".

His manager watched him in horror. He tried to release himself from his clutches. But Rajbir's grip was too strong. "Leave me! I can explain.", the manager cried. Rajbir didn't listen to his cries. His anger was strong enough to be melted by pleas. Finally he pushed him. The manager fell down on the floor due to the impact.

His manager trembled in fear. "Please don't hurt me!", he begged.  Rajbir entered inside the apartment and closed the door behind him. "You should have contacted me before spreading lies everywhere. Who gave you authority to meet Rita and fill her ears with lies? ", he asked. The manager composed himself and spoke, "I agree, you didn't give me the permission. But RK was continuously grilling me for update and warning me of dire consequences. You weren't picking my call. I had to do something. I had to do something to retain your stardom position."


Rajbir laughed. "Are you my manager or RK's manager. Position! It seems! I know everything about you. Why don't you cut the crap and tell me straight? Why don't you tell me that your commission will be affected if I don't get the offer? I wish I could fire you.", he said. "Then fire me!", his manager said boldly, knowing that Rajbir couldn't.

"You can't fire me because I have all the connection. If you fire me, you know that you will not get the meaty roles, the endorsements and shows. You have got this role only because of me. Not because of your looks or talents.", his manager said , hitting the soft spot of Rajbir. He had learnt his weakness in his years of service to him. His insecurity was his manager's trump card.

He stomped back towards the door. He banged his fist on door out of frustration. He drove back home. He couldn't do anything. He was under the influence of his manager. Loss of love didn't pain him deeply. What hurt him hard was the picture of him as weak man shown by his manager.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment