Tuesday 22 January 2019

The ShowOffs - Part 31

Sonia moved closer to her daughter. She held her by her arms. Her grip was tighter. Her nail pierced through her skin, making bruises. This didn't dampen Simran's spirit. She held her head high. " I am not intimidated by you. I won't bend down by your scares. I am not a kid anymore.", she said. Her mother loosened her grip.

" This will ruin your career. I didn't work so hard to maintain your career that one day you would waste it for some guy. I won't let you ruin it.", Sonia raised her voice. "I don't want this stardom that is shaped by ruining someone else life. This is wrong. I won't let this happen.", Simran said firmly. "You are stubborn, mom. So am I. If you want me on this project, then take Rajbir back. Or else face the consequences.", she smirked.

Sonia had no words. Her daughter was using her way to get her things done. She had to agree. She had to get the project running. She had invested lot in this movie. "Ok! Whatever you say will be done. I will get Rajbir back.", she said. Simran smiled. She got what she wanted.

Rajbir was elated as well as surprised. He had not seen this avatar of Simran. He waited for the next day eagerly not for the shoot but to thank Simran. Each hour passed slowly, testing his patience to extreme extent.

Next day arrived. Rajbir rushed to Simran as soon as possible. He hugged when he found her at the green room. Simran was confused. She tried to release from his grip. It wasn’t possible.  She waited for him to release her. He cried softly. His tear wet one of her shoulders.

Finally he released her , still holding her hands. He whispered “Thanks!”.  She smiled. “Don’t thank me. I did what I thought was right.”, she said. “You have done lot for me . More than  what a close friend would do. ”,  he said animatedly. “Am I not your close friend?”, she asked sweetly. He smiled and nodded yes.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment