Wednesday 6 November 2019

The Tenants From Flat No #2 - Part 30

He was sulking whole day. His mind was not focused on the work. He was thinking about injustice he was facing from Jasmine's hand. He got back early because he was not in mood to work. He postponed some meetings he had with client and he asked his friends to take over for some meetings which he couldn't postpone. 

He lay lazily on the sofa,staring blankly at the ceiling. After few hours, he got distracted by sound of someone opening the lock of the door. He turned back to look. It was Jasmine. He didn't greet her with his usual smile or joke. Instead he walked to his room and closed the door. Jasmine realized the strangeness in his behaviour. She presumed he was angry that she didn't pick the call. 

She headed towards her room to cheer him up. She knew she was wrong in not speaking to him. It was first time she was going to make him feel better. It was first time she was going to ask him for forgiveness. She crossed her fingers while entering the room. He took out his laptop and pretended as if he was working on it when he saw her coming towards him. She sat down next to his bed. She placed her folded arms next to his legs. He tried many times to push her arms away. But failed and eventually he let her place her arms next to his legs.

"I am sorry. I should have picked your call.", she said softly. He didn't say anything. He was seething with anger. "Please say something ! I am sorry.", she purred. "What should I say ? Only you can say things to me and blame me for all the mistakes which I have not done. If I say one word, you overreact and don't pick my calls. What should I do when you say things that hurt me? How would you feel when you are made to look like fool in front of my friends?" , he spoke angrily.

Each word he spoke stung her like needle. She didn't expect him to react like that. She got up in anger. Her eyes had turned red. She was breathing deeply like raging bull. "Fine ! I overreacted. I should have picked your call. I was scared. I was scared that if Tai found out who my parents were, called them and told them where I was, how they would react?  I have put in lot of efforts to convince them to let me come to Mumbai to pursue my dream. If they found out I am living in with my boyfriend, they will kill me.", she said before breaking down into tears. 

Zain's anger didn't melt. Instead it got more nastier. He spoke,"It's always about you. You should have thought about that before getting into relationship with me." She was heartbroken by his words. She had left her morals and inhibitions of societal judgements to stay with him and here he was accusing her for being selfish. She spoke one last time before running towards her room, "I was genuinely sorry. I came here to seek forgiveness from you and make you feel better. Instead of accepting my sorry, you are blaming me for being selfish, overreacting and what not. Do hell with this sorry! I will never speak to you !" He banged his head with his fist. He felt guilty for reacting too much. He headed towards her room to calm her down.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment