Monday 28 April 2014

Apple of your eye- Part 11


His emotions were mixed. The accusations were too strong to be true. Her words rang repeatedly in his ears. He felt invisible amongst the crowd. What was the reason for which she was blaming him? Why was she so cold towards him? As she was leaving, he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. His force was strong that she almost swirled before she was too close to him.

There was an emotional tension between them. They wanted to remain close to each other but even the closeness between them scared them. She tried to release from his clutches. But it was too tight. She checked for curious eyes of the crowd. Fortunately, the crowd was too busy with bargaining to see their juicy chemistry. Or maybe they were timid to prevent the mishappenings in their society. “ Let go of my hand”, she cried.

“ No I won’t! Not until I speak my heart out.”, he said in thin voice. The feelings which he had kept too long had erupted from nowhere. She looked at him with strange curiosity. “ Your accusations may be true or may be baseless. I don’t know the reason for your strong despise towards me. But I would want to clarify one thing- I have always been attracted to you from day one. Your welfare is the only thing that I care about and anything that affects you is my concern.”, he said firm yet gently.





She was stunned by his sudden revelation. Her welfare was his concern! What did he mean by that? “ Welfare! Attraction! Are you trying to tell me that you are in love with me ?”,she asked. He was silent for sometime until he found right words. He released her hands. She didn’t run and simply stood , staring at him for answer.

“ Yes if caring for someone without any reason , then I am in love with you. I love you unconditionally and I know it’s strange. But that’s how love is. You have no control over your heart. Before you try to hold your heart tight, it has been stolen already. Your feelings are centered around the only person your heart has set towards. I know you have no such feelings, And force is something I avoid most times.”, he continued.

Love! She never had thought about it until he had come into her life. She had simply rebuffed that feeling as some sort of distraction. She did feel the same way but she didn’t know whether she could trust him with her heart. She also didn’t know whether she was in love or infatuated towards him. She looked at him with confusion and disillusioned of her own feelings.

( To  be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment