Tuesday 13 November 2018

The ShowOffs - Part 17

Sonia tried to contact her daughter in vain. Though they stayed in the same house, her daughter was unavailable most times. When she was present at home, she made herself invisible to Sonia's eyes. She didn't want to see her mother. She was grieving in pain. Her wounds were not going to easily mend by her mother's sweet words like other times.

Her mother tried all the ways to reach her. She wasn't going to give up easily on her furious daughter. She sat at the corner of her living area , hoping to catching her. It was two am in the night. Her daughter had not arrived from the shoot. Sonia mentally made note to reprimand RK on extending the shooting time to late hours in the night. Her tired eyes was almost closed. Suddenly she heard the light footsteps sounds.

She stood up immediately and rushed towards her. Simran was busy engrossed in her thoughts. She had not noticed her mother. She moved back when she felt someone leaping in front of her. She was disappointed to be found by her mother. Her eyes were wide open in anger and surprise. "Mum! Why are you up so late?", she exclaimed. Her voice contained anger and disappointment.

Sonia held her daughter for long time. She felt alive again. She didn't want to leave her hand. "I had to stay up late to see my daughter. You have been avoiding me for so long. Please stop punishing me for mistake I haven't committed. I only did this for your own good.", she said with love pouring out of her heart. Her daughter dismissed her, "Mistake! It was a blunder. You didn't even ask me before going about with your thing. I am your daughter, for God's sake. Stop treating me like your weapon.".

Simran pushed herself away from her mother's grip. She was about to leave when her mother interrupted her, "I am sorry. From now on I will tell you my plans before executing them. But for now at least can you forgive me? You have punished me enough with your silence. I want my sweet daughter back.". Sonia accepted the defeat. But she usually accepts her defeat when the fight is against her daughter.

Her daughter smiled and hugged her. Her anger melted at last. She had forgiven her. Now she had to ask for forgiveness from Rajbir. She had no courage last few days to face him. She had ignored all his pleas to talk to her. Now she would talk to him and beg him for forgiveness.


(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment