Tuesday 13 November 2018

The ShowOffs- Part 18

It was early morning shoot. Simran had barely three hours of sleep. She slept throughout journey from her house to the set. When she reached, she was handed several pages of dialogues. She rubbed her eyes to wake herself. Instead of heading to the makeup room, she walked towards Rajbir's room. She hadn't realized until she stood in front of his room. 

She had almost turned back when he opened the door. "Hey! Do you need something?", he asked. She stood there in silence. She wanted to say what she had to say. But words were stuck in her mind. "Nothing!", she replied as she turned back to walk. She stopped and again turned towards him. "Yes I do have something to say.", she said.

He stared at her, waiting for her to speak. "Well! Where do I start? I am sorry.", she began hurriedly. Her hands were shaking. Her cheeks had turned red. She felt immense guilt as she started with her apology speech. Rajbir was confused. He didn't understand what was going on. "I had no idea my mother was behind this paparazzi thing. I didn't know she had got to know that I was with you. I am sorry for my mother's terrible. I realize how you must be feeling. I can understand that you are worried how Rita would react. I am terrible sorry for all this.", she said. 

He took few minutes to react. He was numb. He didn't understand whether he should retaliate over her or her mother. It was not her mistake though. "So you say you didn't have any hand into this mess. How can I believe you?", he asked furiously. She was shocked by his false allegation on her. Here she was feeling guilty for her mother's blunder and decided to apologize. Instead of accepting her heartfelt apology, he was blaming her. 

"Do you think I can be capable of doing such a thing?", she argued. "Yes I do.", he replied instantly. Tears welled up in her eyes, she spoke one last time, "Then I can't do anything except that to stick to what I said - truth. I had no idea about this. If I had, I wouldn't be confronting you about it. It's up to you to believe or not believe me.", she said loud enough for everyone to stop their work and look at them.

She left him thinking about what she said. Her tears seemed real. He wondered whether there was any truth in what she said. He thought whether he reacted too quickly or whether he should have taken her word. His head hurt. He quit thinking and headed back to work.

(To be continued)
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment