Tuesday 4 December 2018

The ShowOffs - Part 22

Rajbir was in fury. He grabbed the driver by the collar and thrashed him. He didn't stop until his manager intervened. He nudged off the manager's hand when he tried to stop him. "I know it's all your work.", he blamed his manager. "You might have bribed the driver and circulated the news everywhere.", he continued alleging him.

"I have no hand in this mess. Why would I tarnish your image? Building your image gives me my bread and butter.", his manager finally protested. "Then whose work is this?", Rajbir growled. The driver shivered. "I am solely responsible for this. I have a friend who works as the peon in one of media houses. I didn't know a small gossip could turn into big news. If I had known, I wouldn't have done that.", the driver cried.  Rajbir picked him and grabbed his collar again. "Small gossip! Spill the truth or else I will break your bones.", he snarled at him.

The driver feared the consequences and revealed everything. He was bribed by Sonia to keep a tab on Rajbir and Simran. He should share anything interesting brewing between them to her. The information of them being at the cafe was given by him to Sonia.  The truth shook Rajbir. The anger boiled inside him. He dragged the driver outside and pushed him inside the car. He sped his car towards Sonia's house.

It was midnight. The paparazzi had left her house by evening. Sonia was at peace at last. She sat with her eyes closed. Her hands gently placed on her temple. She was relaxing. But the calm was short lived. The tranquility of the house was disturbed by loud voices outside. She rushed out to see the source of the chaos. It was Rajbir fighting with one of guards.

She rolled her eyes in dismay. "Stop fighting! What are you doing here at this hour?", she asked firmly. Rajbir stared at her with anger. "I was just walking past your house. I decided to say hello to my so called lover's mother.", he replied in sarcasm. "Come inside.", she ordered. He followed her to the spacious living room. "Tell me! Why are you here?", she asked him directly. "I told you that...", he was about to repeat his words when she interrupted him. "Cut the crap! Tell me what do you want?", she asked irritatedly.

"Okay! Let me introduce you to someone. Do you know him?", he asked curtly, pointing his fingers behind him. She stared at the man with white face. She hadn't noticed the man who was with Rajbir until he was introduced. "The driver!", she recalled. She had being trying to reach out to him. But he was unavailable. She knew it was him when the news had leaked. She was going to dismiss his service for directly contacting the media instead sharing the news with her. "Maybe he was greedy in using this news to earn more money for himself.", she thought.  She wanted catch him before Rajbir. But it was too late.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment