Tuesday 4 December 2018

The ShowOffs - Part 23

Sonia was scared like a child caught doing mischief red handed. "Why are you silent?", Rajbir mocked. Sonia fidgeted with her hands. "Why would I know such lowly persons? Who is he?", she lied. Rajbir didn't believe her. "But he says he knows you!", he retorted. She smiled. "Everyone knows me, son. You must have forgotten that I was a star too. ", she said.

He stared at her with cold eyes. He got up and stood close to her. She was sitting on the soft plush sofa, staring at him. He sat down on the floors with his hands on her hand. The grip was tight. "I hate lying to others and others lying to me. Now tell me the truth !", he said sternly. "Are you threatening  me ?", she asked,  calming herself.

He smiled. "I was just sharing my preferences with you. You need to know your daughter's boyfriend before you let her date me.", he said. Suddenly he got up and turned back to place he was sitting the whole time. She stared down at the polished floor, looking for answers. "Yes, you are right. I know him. I had to hire someone who could keep his eyes on you two. I don't want anyone using my daughter. She is too naive to fall into charms of anyone. ", she said calmly.

He smiled. "How sweet ! You could have asked me directly. Instead you had to hire my driver and use him as pawn for your selfish needs. Look what happened!", he mocked her.  He turned behind and caught the driver by his collar. "Come front! Why are you shy?", he teased the driver. The driver stood front. He shivered.

"Now I want you to clear all the mess or else I will use the same medium to convey my message that you are using me to save your daughter's sinking career.", he warned her politely. She was furious. "Who was this guy ? No one threatened me like he did.", she thought. "I like your guts but you won't do that. ", she said. " I love challenges. If you want, I will do it now. ", he said childishly as he playfully dialed the number.

She stared at him with wide eyes. "Wait! I will do as you say.", she cried out of fear. For the first time, someone had won the battle against her. For the first time, someone snatched the hold of situation from her. For the first time, she couldn't do anything to save herself.

(To  be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment