Wednesday 20 May 2020

The Betrayal Story - Part 4

Next day, Amar Singh inquired his health minister whom he had entrusted the responsibility of taking care of the lady his soldier had found outside the city gates. “She is weak and dehydrated and needs complete rest for a day. I tried to find who she is but she had no energy to speak. Hence I will talk to her once she is completely fine.”, the minister spoke. Satisfied with his minister, he dismissed him.

But the thoughts about the lady occupied his mind. He wondered whether she was a spy from the enemy kingdom and thought about possible kings who wanted to defeat him or whom he had defeated. He had one day for the truth to be revealed. He had to be ready with his force if in case the enemy attacked.

Before he planned any strategy to combat any possible attack , he inquired Satyavati. He always checked with Satyavati for second opinion in case he missed something. He headed towards Satyavati’s chambers. She was busy praying. He waited until she was done. She hadn’t noticed him. When she was done , she got up and turned behind to find him waiting for her. “Your highness, I am sorry to keep you waiting. If you had let me know that you were waiting, I would have stopped my prayers to attend you.”, she said embarrassed.

“Maharani ! Prayers are important. Nothing is more important than service to God.”, he argued gently. “For me as well as people of this kingdom , you are nothing less than God.”, she protested. The king laughed and said, “I can never win when it comes to arguing with you regarding your undying love for me." She blushed.

"Anyway, I need your advice. A lady was found in a outskirts of the city by our guards. She doesn't seem like she belongs here. I suspect she could be a spy sent by one of our enemy's kingdom. But she looked pale and weak. Hence I ordered her to be kept in royal place under care of health minister and royal doctor. She would be fine by tomorrow .I have decided to keep her under custody and get ready for the attack.", he got back to his query.

"And you need my counsel on whether you are doing right on your part.", she said. He nodded. "Your highness, before rushing to any decision, you must retrospect carefully. What if the girl is escaping from the tortures of a cruel king or dacoit ? We know nothing about the girl. It is better that you ask her calmly about her lineage and then decide what must be done.", she said. The king was impressed by her advise. While he was discussing about other matters, Gayatri stood at corner of the door. She was listening to their conversation. Jealousy stung her heart like an angry bee. She wished the king sought her advice like the way he sought from Satyavati.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment