Tuesday 26 May 2020

The Betrayal Story- Part 7

Roopali headed towards the room with mind deep in thoughts. She had almost reached her room when she found king coming from other direction. Their eyes met. “Ah ! There you are. I was looking for you.”, he said. Her face turned red and she became tear eyed. She remembered the harsh words of the queen. “I am sorry, your highness. I shouldn’t have wandered out. I should have adhered to royal protocol. This isn’t my home. It’s your palace.”, she apologised.

The king was taken back. “Why do you say that ? This is your home until we heal you back to your health. Please consider yourself as part of Rawalgarh.”,the king said. He left after enquiring her about her health. As he headed towards the royal garden, he overheard a gardener speaking to his colleague about how the king had made a mistake taking Roopali into the kingdom. The king was miffed. He understood why Roopali spoke that way.

“Call everyone for the meeting including the queens. I have an announcement to make.”, he ordered one of his guards. At the king’s court , everyone had assembled. They were surprised about the sudden meeting. Each one of them guessed the reason. Some thought it was annual budget meeting while some thought it was about reshuffling of ministers and others thought it must about counter attacking enemy kingdom.

The king arrived. Everyone rose and sat when  he sat on his throne. “ I have noticed that you are not happy with my decision. I won’t shame you for that. You have right to have an opinion. If you think I have done wrong, you have right to say it in front of me. Now I am giving you opportunity to give me your reasons and I promise I won’t shame you for that.”, he said.

Suryavanshi stood up to speak. He saw his sister signalling him not to speak through her eyes. “We are happy with your decision, your highness . We have nothing to say.”, he said. “But I have !”, exclaimed Gayatri. Everyone stared at her with astonishment. “Your highness, I have no qualms of you taking her into our kingdom but keeping her in our palace is not right. We have huge Dharamshala. Why don’t we keep her there? We have several experienced doctors who can take good care of her.”,she said.

“You had once told me that a person heals faster in care of love. She has no family or closed ones who can take good care of her. She needs us and it will be helpful for me to check on her health since I have taken the responsibility of her guardian.”, he said. Gayatri was furious. She didn’t say anything though she had many things to say. “Is there anyone who is dissatisfied with my decision ?”, he asked one more time. There was no response. “Okay! I will take this as a no then. From now on, you will accept and treat Roopali as rightful citizen of this kingdom. I will see no one making bitter comments on her being here.”, he ordered.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment