Thursday 28 November 2013

Love spell-part 6


He stood at the entrance of a book store. He had never stepped inside any book store in his life. He always felt that the books were for geeks and he was not a geek. He contemplated on whether to go in or come out. 
After long hiatus, he walked inside. The place smelled of books both new and old. It turned his tummy upside down. He ignored his sickness while he searched her everywhere. She was there when he had walked in. Now she wasn’t there. A salesperson approached him and asked, “ Can I help you?” “ No thanks! Looking for someone.” , he replied and put his hand on his hair.

After walking like a lost puppy, he found her leaning on the shelf. She had her eyes closed. It seemed like as if she was hiding from someone. He nudged her and said, “ Hi! What happened?” She didn’t look surprised when she saw him. “ Huh! Are you following me or something? Why are you here?”, she asked furiously.  
He stepped back with fear. “ I didn’t mean to scare you! I just wanted to have a cup of coffee with you.”, he said softly.

She stared hard at him. She could see the love in his eyes. But it wasn’t true one. It hurt her badly. “ Fine! One cup of coffee.. That’s all!” , she agreed. He jumped with excitement at her reply.

                                              **************

“ So how was the coffee date?”, Lizzie asked. “ It wasn’t a date. I had a cup of coffee only to please you. Hope you are pleased!” , Shelly said sarcastically. All the other members tried to stop her from being modest through their eyes. But Shelly ignored them and continued, “ He was so into me while I sipped coffee. I hardly spoke as you ordered me to do. He kept talking about his life and me. I simply ignored him. Now are you happy ?”  Lizzie folded her hands and replied, “ Oh! I think I am. But you should be happy. It was your idea, not mine. We are just the executioner of your idea.” Shelly looked at her with disgust.

Every day had become routine. She had to meet him as per Lizzie’s instruction. Her heart would break everyday to see that he loved her because of the spell. She still wondered why she was following her when she could boycott them outright. They were never her friends. They were pawns used by her loneliness.


(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment