Sunday 23 March 2014

Death by love - Part 11



Her conscious reprimanded her that she was a queen first and nothing else. She revolted against her inner conscious. But like always she failed. She looked at him one last time like a lost lover.  She wanted to disbelieve that he was involved in this treachery. Even if he was involved, she wanted to release him. How can she ever punish him?


Unfortunately life and love cannot go together always. One has to sacrifice either love or life. She had to choose the people’s life against his which she didn’t want to. His crimes were told one by one. Some were unbelievable and few made her think twice. Was this person the same one she fell in love with? The Bakaa she knew , was a person with morals and love for the country. He would never bring anything before than the country.


“ Before I could announce the punishment, I would want to hear the commander speak for himself.”, she ordered. She always did this. She believed in two way justice where she had both the criminals as well as victims of crime speak for themselves. Later she made the decisions based on the words of the both parties.





“ I don’t have anything to say, your majesty. If people of this great country believe that I have done this crime, then I will not speak. Because if I speak,the traitors of this country will use my words as tool for their evil actions. Therefore I won’t speak. I will die as martyr.”, he said with firm voice.
Everyone in the court including Amen-hotep stared at him with contempt. “ Your majesty, I would advise you to announce your wise judgement now.”, Amen-hotep said.


“ Amen-hotep! Why do you want to kill me soon? You will get what you want. Patience! I think your friend Eeremenihotep has not taught you about patience.”, Bakaa mocked at him. This angered Amen-hotep and he stomped towards Bakaa, trying to strangle him. Aahhotep raised from her throne and screamed, “ Stop this commotion now! I need order in the court. Brother Amen-hotep, I want you to stay away from the prisoner of the country.”


Everything came to a halt. Amen- hotep obeyed his sister’s orders for the first time. When everyone were settled, she paused for sometime and said, “ Bakaa, you don’t have the right to accuse my husband or brother of your sins. I announce the punishment that could equal to your heinous crime.” He didn’t plead for mercy. He expected the punishment. When she walked down from her throne, he said, “ Your majesty, the punishment that could equal to all my sins would be dying in your hands. As a last wish, I would want you to kill me.”


( To be continued)

P.S. The story is a fiction. The characters and places appearing in the story are also fictional.

No comments:

Post a Comment