Friday 28 March 2014

I will wait- part 2


Waiting was something that I wasn't accustomed to. I was known for impatience amongst my friends and family. But as people say marriage changes you complete. Patience came to me naturally after marriage.  Love was cure as well drug to me.

It was almost time. I looked at the clock. He would be coming any moment. As the minutes passed by, my heart was racing faster. The excitement doubled. I had asked him to come home early. I hoped that he would come at least this time.

I had inspected one more time whether everything was in place. The table was set. The exotic mixture of the smell and sound flowed inside the room. Love - the sweet and beautiful feeling within me had enhanced the whole night.

It was getting late now. I had requested him to come home early at least today. Where was he?  Did he forget our anniversary again? Maybe he was busy with his work that he didn't see time. What if something wrong had happened to him? I called him several times. But he didnt pick up.

My fears were growing until he messaged me that he wouldn't come home. Ah! Relief! What! Confusion struck me. Why was he not coming? My plans sinked down. I took the decorations out and cleaned everything. When I was done about with things, I was left with only pain to deal with. I knew this was coming . But I rebuffed it.

Four years were not enough for him to move on. I knew about his past and readily accepted it. His ex girl friend died a painful death according to the outside sources. I wanted to be a part of his life. And it wasn't a lie that I tried a million times to express my love to him. He didn't approve my love. I was only his wife that his parents had selected for him.  However how much he would try to distance himself from me, I would still wait. So here I am, waiting for his return though I know he wouldn't . I will wait and wait forever.
                   
                   ***** the end ******

No comments:

Post a Comment