Wednesday 7 May 2014

Apple of your eye- Part 16



She had gone out for a walk. It had become a secret pastime.. a pastime which she couldn’t do freely. But there was no way she could stay at home and sulk all day. So she had observed the hours when her parents would go out for some work. When she would find herself alone, she would take the opportunity to walk out for sometime. Fortunately she was never caught for his misendeavor

Every day she would finish her walk for an hour and reach home on time to greet her parents. But the news of her marriage had her consumed that she didn’t see either time or the route she had taken. When problems consume your life , you sort of shut yourself from the whole world. However people like her couldn’t do that because of her traditional mindset family. As she walked with mind full of thoughts, she didn’t notice a person arriving from opposite direction.

She almost hit the person. She looked at him to apologize. And there he was.. the cause of her losing her freedom. Fumes of fury raised her blood pressure. If she had any sharp object, she would hurt him without even thinking. She didn’t feel remorse for thinking evil about a person she didn’t know. Instead of expressing her anger,she chose to move on from the place.





However that didn’t happen. Abhinav spoke before she could think of leaving, “ Hey! It been long time since I met you. I didn’t have any contact with you so I am really sorry that I couldn’t reach you. Since you had already made it clear not to come around the house because of your family, I respected that. Can you.. forgive me?” Her temper was uncontrollable. Before it could erupt, she walked away.

He was surprised by her sudden action. Instead of waiting there, he followed her.  She noticed him following her and stopped suddenly. “ Stop following me ! I don’t need your apology and I don’t care about you not making it up. It’s fine! I knew that from the beginning … you are not good to be trusted.”, she spoke dryly. His heart had become vulnerable to her indifferent behavior.

“ Sorry for whatever you think I have done. I really didn’t mean that! But you are also not being clear about what wrong I have done to you. Why are you so furious at me?”, he asked politely. She was quiet. How could he ever say that he doesn’t know the reason for making her life miserable?  “I had made it clear then! Don’t you dare act innocent? What more should I say? Anyway, I am leaving! It’s no use speaking to you.”, she growled. He grabbed her hand and pushed her closer towards him until she felt his body heat. She could almost feel the his heart beat. Or was it her heart pounding due to fear? Why was she trembling against him? What was he going to do to her?

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment