Monday 19 May 2014

Apple of your eye- Part 21



The letter read-

Dear Uncle

I am sorry for disappointing you. But this is not where my heart belongs. I had given my heart to a man you wouldn’t approve due to him being jawan. I feel guilty of telling you my true feelings now. Trust me, I wasn’t aware of my true feeling until I realised that I wasn’t happy.

I know I have destroyed the family name and everything you made by your sheer hard work. But if I had married the man you chose, no one would ever be happy. You had always thought me to do what your heart says. And my heart says that I would be doing injustice to everyone around me. Thus I am leaving you and everyone without confronting you in person. I wanted to confront you but this is not right time. Don’t worry about me, he will take good care of me.

Please forgive me for being a coward. I will surely come to take your blessings once you approve us with open arms.

Love
Apple of your eye- Aafreen







Her uncle was furious with her sudden disappearance. Her letter was of no help to calm down his raising fury. He tore the letter into multitude of pieces. The apple of his eyes became the cause of his broken dreams. The wedding was called off and so was the deal. It didn’t end there. Her uncle used her sister ( Safina) as a bait to bring her back. “ Bring her sister!”, he ordered one of his man. They bought her to him and he slapped her tight. His eyes were red and his voice was heavy. “ Your sister has no idea of how much insult she has caused to me. I did so much to her and in the end this is the way she shows her gratitude. Now I will show who really I am..”, he spoke loud and clear,

He was having heated discussion with the Major on their plans to bring down Mohi-ud-deen. A lower  rankl official knocked the door , informing him about someone waiting for him. He was confused. Who could it be? Was it one of his informers who had some new information about the enemies? He rushed out to see that his angel was standing in bridal wear. She looked stunning in the red dress though with minimal makeup. She wore a long red salwar that covered her legs completely. Her eyes sparkled with love for him.

He hugged her and asked, “ I am so delighted that you are here. I knew you would come.”. He hugged her once more. This time, he didn’t want to leave her. He wasn’t ashamed of the gaping army officials. The only thing he cared about was her. “ I am sorry for disapproving your love. I was… not sure.. But today I realised that what big mistake I would have made if I married Anish Khan” He looked at her with bewilderment. She stared back at him with the same confusion and fear if she had said something wrong.

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment