Thursday 14 February 2019

The ShowOffs - Part 37

He rushed back home. His mind was preoccupied in many things. "What is she going to say? What is in her mind ? Is she still mad at me ?  Oh God ! What should I wear?", he thought. He took out all the clothes from the cupboard and placed on the bed. He picked each one and checked them out. When he was not happy, he threw them aside. After scavenging for the perfect shirt and trousers, he found one.

He looked at the time. It was getting late. He had to see her. He hurried to bathroom. He quickly brushed his teeth and took bath. He barely checked himself out. He quickly dressed and rushed to the shoot. He checked the time during the journey. He still had few minutes. Once he reached , he haphazardly parked the vehicle and ran towards Simran's green room.

She was on time. Her hair was being curled with the hair curlers. She was busy reading the script while she took a big bite of apple . She hadn't noticed him coming. When he said 'hi', she dropped the apple from her hand in sudden reaction and looked at him. "I didn't see you coming.", she said after taking deep breath. He took the apple fallen on ground and offered her. She took it immediately. "You are okay ?", he asked.


"I am fine. What would happen to me?", she replied casually. He looked around. There were few people busy deciding on the costumes she would wear for the shoot. "Can we talk ?", he asked. "Yeah sure!", she replied. "Alone ! ", he said , pointing at the people. She looked around. "Okay ! ", she replied.  She asked to leave.  Everyone left immediately. Few of them watched them suspiciously and left. It was only both of them in the room.

" What's wrong with you? You are acting strange. You are avoiding me. You are not taking my calls. You are not talking to me. ", he asked. "You know it. Then why ask ?", she replied curtly. " I don't know what's going on in your head. You need to tell me clearly if I have done something wrong. I am not God for heaven's sake.", he said impatiently. She stared at him with gloomy eyes. "If it's about that kiss, I am sorry. I was carried away by emotions.", he continued.

" We are friends. I don't want to go beyond that. I can't mix my personal life with profession. I think you took our pretence seriously. This is just a show off, you know. It is just gimmick to promote our movie. Anyway, you know how our industry works. You will date me. We will become serious and after few months or maybe few years you will lose interest in me. You will find someone better than me.", she said in relaxed tone. He was disheartened with whatever she said. He stormed out of the room with tears in his eyes. As soon as he left, she cried softly.



(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment