Wednesday 20 February 2019

The ShowOffs - Part 39


They spoke in hushed voices. Simran tried to make out what they were saying. She walked bit closer until she could make out what they spoke. They didn't realize they had someone hearing their conversation. " Can't we get back together ?", Rita pleaded. "No ! I thought I would get you back in my life after this movie. But I don't think I can do that now. I am in love with someone else.", he said firmly.

"I don't understand you. I have been begging you for weeks for forgiveness and a chance. You still haven't changed your heart. Do I have kneel in front of you for forgiveness ? I said I am sorry. I should have stood by you. I didn't. I was concerned only about my feelings. I have been selfish.", she cried. He sighed. "I feel bad for you. I understand your emotions. But I can't break your heart again. I can't commit to this relation when my heart is with someone else.", he said softly.  He walked closer to hug her. But she backed away.

She saw Simran with disgust. She raced toward the gate. He watched her run and shifted his attention at Simran. He was about to say something. But she too walked away. He felt pained. He wished she talked to him once. She had no courage to face him. She was feeling vulnerable. Her mind was filled with questions like was she being too harsh on him  or did he really love her?

Her head was in splits. She headed back home before other guests left. She took some pills before she slept. It had been good sleep. There were no thoughts. There were no nightmare. It was just sleep. She hadn't realize the morning had arrived. She woke up and hurried to washroom to get fresh. Later, she rushed downstairs to dining hall. Her mother was already done with her breakfast. She was chatting with Gippy.

Both looked at her when she arrived. "Good morning, sweetie. I know you had tough night. So I let you sleep. It's going to be tough day tomorrow. Why don't you relax?", Sonia said. Simran nodded. She had almost forgotten that her movie was releasing tomorrow. She was held up with thoughts of Rajbir. She needed rest to face the day. She had one more day and it would be over from tomorrow. She would no longer have to bear him. But the thought made her feel miserable.

The movie released next day. The public gave mixed response to the movie. Some liked the pairing. Some felt their talent was wasted because of the script. Some felt the movie didn't meet the over hyped expectation. The movie made huge collection at box office overall. After few weeks, a success party was held at RK's place.






(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment