Thursday 19 December 2019

The Tenants From Flat No #2 - Part 40


Zain remembered the days when he would find Jasmine researching on latest hair styles trend and experiment it on herself. She would always pester him how it looked on her. She always looked pretty to him. He felt ashamed for not understanding the pain she went through. He punched the table very hard. Tina shook in fear while others looked at their table to see what was the commotion. They got back to their work when they sensed nothing.


Tina held his injured fist gently. "I understand your guilt. I am feeling the same. We can't do anything to change the past. But we can at least make our present better. Go and speak to her. I know where she will be. I will take you there.", she said calmly. He nodded gently. 


"Are you mad, Jasmine ? How can you leave your job like that ? What will you do now ?", Jasmine's cousin asked. "The job wasn't right for me. Abbu was right. This place was not for me. I didn't listen to them. I got influenced by my false dreams. I will go back home. But will they accept me?", Jasmine cried.

Suddenly door bell rang. Her cousin opened the door. It was Zain and Tina. "What are you guys doing here ?", she asked. "We want to speak to her. Please let us in.", Zain replied.She let them in. Jasmine got annoyed when she saw them. "Why did you let them in, Zainab ? I don't want to talk to them. It's over.", she spoke furiously.

She was about to leave when Zain grabbed her by her arms and dragged her towards him. He stared deeply into her eyes. There was still love in them. "Listen to us at least once. You have made all decisions without informing me. You left the house. You left your job. I didn't say anything. But I will now.", he said after releasing her immediately. "I thought you were a fighter. How could you be so dumb? Shweta was insecure about your talent. So she gave the reward to Tina because she couldn't bear your energy. How can you break your friendship over such a tiny thing like competition ?", he continued.

Before Jasmine could open her mouth, Zain spoke again, "You left me without saying anything. You didn't bother to even pick my calls. But what you did was wrong. You broke my heart. You can't come and go out of  my life whenever you like. I am not your game."  He left without saying goodbye. Jasmine wept hard while Tina hugged her tight. 

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment