Tuesday 14 July 2020

The Betrayal Story - Part 22

Gayatri was shocked by king’s reaction. She had never seen him get angry at Satyavati. Satyavati was  the wise one among them. She gently rubbed her head, wondering what is so special about Roopali that has made the king blinded that he doesn’t want to listen to his wise wife - whose words he always listened to.

She knew love is blind and now she had seen the proof. She had to do something to cure her husband’s blindness. She didn’t want to be Satyavati - always sacrificing for betterment of others. She wanted her husband’s attention back on her. She was selfish for his love and wanted his undivided attention.

She watched Suryavanshi stomping out of room and Satyavati had rushed behind him to cool him down. The king was still seething in anger. She knew it wasn’t right time to speak to the king. She walked out of room too while planning her mission. She remembered what Suryavanshi had found out through his spies - Roopali isn’t whom she claims to be.

Next day, she met Suryavanshi at the army training ground where he was supervising the progress of army’s training. He greeted her though he wasn’t fond of her presence. “If you are here to speak on behalf of the king and to belittle me for my doings , then I am in no mood to listen. I have already my share of my hearing from my sister.”, he said firmly.

“No ! You are wrong. I believe your word. I always knew there was something wrong in that girl when she arrived.”, she said. He was slightly surprised. He knew Gayatri was insecure about the new girl in king’s life but he never thought she would be so open about it. “Can we speak in private? There are many king’s men snooping on our conversation.”, she said. He agreed.

They headed towards a scheduled place which wasn’t too far from the ground. He could still see the view of the ground from there. He waited for her to speak while she gathered her thoughts. “I would like to proceed with the investigation . I don’t trust this Roopali. We need enough proofs to prove her guilty.”, she said. “What do you mean by we?”, he asked. “I can’t do this alone. I would need your help.”, she replied. He smirked, “Fine! I will help you out.”

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment