Monday 20 July 2020

The Betrayal Story - Part 23

Vijay Singh was frustrated. It had been months since he had planned to attack his arch rival - Amar Singh with help of Rashid. He was irritated by lukewarm approach of the crusader. He had heard stories of his aggression and evilness from people but he was surprised to see no action from him since many months. "What is he doing?", he wondered every night. 

Every morning he would wake up with sheer determination to speak his mind out to Rashid. But his courage would evaporate when he would see Rashid's terrifying face. He knew he hated people questioning his actions. Vijay kept quiet while his mind was filled with anxiety and frustration of when he would watch whole city of Rawalgarh burning in fear and grief.

One day, he mustered courage to speak to Rashid.  He walked towards Rashid's study room. He was enjoying the evening breeze at the wide balcony. His eyes were closed as he felt the breeze kiss his scarred face. It was tingling feeling. He recognized there was someone behind him from his footsteps and swiftly turned to see who it was.


"My dear friend, what brings you at this odd hour ? Probably to give me company to enjoy this relaxing evening !", Rashid spoke casually. He noticed there was some stress in his friend's eyes. "What happened ?You seem disturbed.", he asked. "Hmm... I.. I am not able to rest with thoughts of my enemy enjoying peaceful life at his home, bothering me. The soul of my dead brother taunts me every day , asking me when I will avenge his death.", Vijay Singh said , finally opening his heart out.

Rashid peeked at him for several minutes and said, "We will ! We will , my friend. One day, we will surely attack. Have patience!". He offered some rose sorbet and said, "Here, have some sorbet. It will cool your mind.". Vijay unwillingly took the glass and had a sip. "I am keeping my patience. But my mind is not able to stay stable.", he said.

"You  Indian kings always take things to your heart. You failed because of this. Be patient. My spy is working and it is still not right time to attack. When she will tie the bell on our cat, that's when we will attack. So be patient. She is the best and she has never failed.",Rashid said firmly. "What if she fails? What if she falls in love with the cat?", Vijay asked. Rashid cast an angry look on him and growled, "I will behead her."

(To be continued)




No comments:

Post a Comment