Wednesday 22 July 2020

The Betrayal Story - Part 25

Amar Singh Rawal stood in front of his two wives while they performed aarti to safeguard his life and provide him victory in all the battles. After the little ritual, he bid goodbye as he left for the war. The prince of a neighboring kingdom had taken over his father's throne by murdering his father and now was causing havoc in his kingdom. His father was Amar's close friend - Pratap Chauhan who had helped him in all his battles.

Amar was indebted to him. When he got the news of his friend's demise, he immediately declared war against his friend's evil son. His heart was filled with vengeance. He quickly gathered his troop and devised a fool proof plan with his general to attack the evil prince within a week. He took the blessings of God and headed towards the battle.

He almost reached the gate of his city when Roopali arrived and stood in front of him and his army. "Your highness, I need to talk to you alone.", she said. The army looked surprised. He assumed that she was anxious of his safety. "Don't worry. I will be fine.", he said. "No your highness ! It's not about you. I am anxious about the kingdom. I will feel someone would use your absence as opportunity to attack your people and kingdom. It would wise if you send someone else with your troop and you stay back.", she said.

"Why do you think the city will be attacked? Even if it happens, I have kept my trusted commander and some of my able troops here to safeguard my people and kingdom. I know you are tensed but you don't have to worry.", he said. "But... your people needs you.. I need you.", she begged him to stop. "I can't. I have given my friend my word that I would seek vengeance on his death. I can't betray my dead friend's trust", he said as he left.  

The word betray stung her heart. She felt guilt emerge from her. She had betrayed him by hiding her motive and past. He had given her hope and identity while she had misused his kindness. She walked slowly towards her house , silently praying that Rashid doesn't use this opportunity to invade the kingdom.

"What a great news !", Rashid exclaimed. He threw small bag of precious gold coins to his spy. "Did you hear, Vijay? Our way is clear. You wanted to attack Rawalgarh badly to avenge your brother's death. Well! I give you the opportunity. Go and seize the kingdom.", he said. 

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment