Thursday 17 October 2019

The Tenants From Flat No #2- Part 21

Zain smiled weakly at Tai. He wondered,"Why is she here? Does she know the truth? Are we going to be thrown out? Will she call the police on us? What if our families get to know about this? Jasmine won't bear this? What will happen to her? Will this be an end to our relationship?" His eyes turned red thinking about their relationship. "What happened to you? You seem quiet today. I think you are tired. Anyway I will take a leave. Jasmine, take care of your brother. Thanks for the fries.", Tai said.

He was relieved with Tai's words. She was not going to throw them out. He looked at Jasmine and smiled. Jasmine didn't understand the reason behind his smile. She was aggrieved by Tai's munching all the fries she made for Zain. "Tai, I am not that tired. I am feeling embarrassed that I intervened your girls party with Jasmine.", he joked. Jasmine found his humor to be bad taste. She wanted to kick him out badly. 

Tai didn't understand the subtle joke in Zain's language. "Ok then I will stay back. Jasmine, can you please make those fries?  I am craving for it.", Tai said shamelessly. Zain seemed like naive boy. She could get more information from him if she had candid chat with him. He didn't expect Tai to stay back. He had thought she had hated Jasmine. He smiled nervously , not knowing what to say. He looked at Jasmine. She was fuming.

He pleaded her with his eyes to fulfill Tai's request. She stomped and walked towards the kitchen. Tai knew she had angered her. But she kept quiet. "So how was your work today?", she asked as she tried to break the ice between them. He was surprised by her warm tone. There was something fishy about her. But he didn't try to think hard about it. He thought, "I must be overthinking. Maybe she is here to build good relationship with us."

The sounds of Jasmine angrily placing the utensils on the stove could be heard in hall. Tai smiled by not reacting. Zain smiled back nervously. He awkwardly brushed his hair back with his hand. "How am I going to handle her outburst today? She is going to murder me if I tell her about today's event.", he wondered.

Tai felt it was getting over the board. Jasmine was angry. Tai felt if she stayed longer or spoke something that offended Jasmine, she would not fulfill her goal. She had to find other ways to fulfill her purpose. "I remembered I had some work. I will go. I will come some other time.", she said with smile as she got up to leave. Zain didn't persuade her to stay. He didn't want to add more fire to Jasmine's anger.


(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment