Sunday 20 October 2019

The Tenants From Flat No #2 - Part 22

Jasmine sighed in relief. She wanted that for long time. She stared at Zain with gloomy eyes. Zain smiled at her. "Thank God! She went.", he said exhaling deeply. He got close to her and put his both hands on her shoulders. "What happened? Aren't you relieved that she went?", he asked calmly. She shifted her gaze from him to empty hot box and then back to him. "I was happy today. I wanted to treat you with your favorite snack. But Tai came and had her fill.", she said disappointingly. "She didn't even ask before snatching it.", she continued.

He noticed her cheeks had turned red. Her sweet voice made his heart beat faster. He suddenly felt immense love for her. He always found her childish antics cute. But today he found it more appealing. "Aww! How sweet of you? I am touched by your gesture.", he said as he squeezed her cheeks.  "Aren't you disappointed?", she asked.

"It's okay. She is an old lady. She liked your fries. She had them. I can have them next time. But she has bought us Puran Poli. Let's have them.", he said. She wasn't convinced. "But I prepared them for you with love.", she said softly. He held her hands and nudged them gently. "I understand you prepared them with love. Why should we fret over what has already happened?", he consoled her. She finally understood. They had first bite of sweet dish. It was tasty.

Jasmine had one while Zain finished rest. "Tai doesn't seem to be person who could make such tasty sweets. She is so bitter always.", he said. " I don't agree with you.", Jasmine argued. He stared at her in confusion. He thought he had convinced her about the fries incident. "She has been acting strange since this evening. She asked me about my day and even taunted me about my profession when I was going upstairs. I gave her back but she didn't reply. She banged the door on me and I got back home. The strange part was that she came back to flat few minutes after we had not so good chat. She was overly warm which didn't match her aura. She seemed different.", she continued.


"You are overthinking. She must be genuinely trying to build relationship with us. I didn't find her overly warm today.", he lied. He did find Tai's behaviour odd though. But he was convincing himself that nothing bad would happen and the gas delivery guy must have not mentioned  about them to her. He was trying to dodge the topic for another reason- he didn't want her to ask him about how he had managed with the guy today. The fear appeared again.

"I am not overthinking, Zain! You always blame for overthinking. What happened today shouldn't have happened. But it happened and now we are bearing the consequences. By the way, how did you manage today? Did that guy ask any questions? Did he try to blackmail us?", she asked firmly. Zain sweated profusely. He was speechless. He stared at her blankly as if trying to find answers in her.


(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment