Wednesday 10 June 2020

The Betrayal Story - Part 12


The king dismissed everyone except few ministers from the court. He had to discuss about the army training and deployment at the neighboring kingdom who needed his help to resolve insurgency. Gayatri had almost reached her room when Satyavati held her arm to stop her. "What's the matter, Gayatri? You are sulking again. Did the king say something to you ?", she asked.

Gayatri nodded. "Are you unhappy with king's decision?", Satyavati asked again. She didn't say anything. Her gaze was bent down and she was breathing deeply. "Should I take this as a yes ?", she asked curiously. "Yes!", Gayatri spoke finally. She immediately lifted her gaze. Her eyes were red with anger and pain. Satyavati dragged her to her rooms and asked all the guards and maid servants to leave the room. The maid servants craving for hot gossips, left with heavy hearts.

"Tell me, what is bothering you? I have noticed that you have changed since the arrival of that girl. Are you insecure ?", she asked.  The young queen was bothered by the word 'insecurity'. "I am not insecure", she protested. "I am simply hurt. I feel Roopali is favored too much. We don't know much about her. How can we trust her so easily. I think the king is making a mistake over here", she continued with her arguments.

"I understand your doubts. But you need to put your faith on our king. He is wise. He knows what he is doing.", Satyavati spoke calmly. She held her hand and squinted at her. She continued," I know where your doubts are coming from. You are not bothered about king not able to spend time with you. You are bothered that he is giving too much attention to someone else. Am I right?".

Gayatri opened her eyes wide in shock. Satyavati had disclosed the truth she was hiding from herself to her. She didn't like it. "No! Why would I think like that ? I am not bothered about that. I am only raising concern because I care about king", she said. Satyavati smiled warmly.

"Gayatri, It's okay to feel that way. I felt that way when I was your age and would misinterpret king's concern towards other ladies as his interest. You will grow up eventually like I did. You won't feel the pangs of jealousy and will grow wiser. But don't habour those feelings. It may poison your heart and relationship with king. ", Satyavati counseled. But Gayatri wasn't enlightened. She still felt insecure about Roopali.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment