Monday 1 June 2020

The Betrayal Story - Part 9

Amar Singh was absorbed into his thoughts while strolling in the garden. The bright colors of marigold, rose or hibiscus didn't soothe him anymore. The cool breeze that blew momentarily didn't give solace to his restless heart. While he decided to head back to his room, a guard arrived. He bowed down to offer his salutation. The king responded with a nod.

"Your highness, Ms.Roopali wants to meet you.", the guard said with his gaze downward. "Yes, please let her in.", the king said.  The guard notified the other guards stationed at the end of the garden to let her in. The king watched Roopali walking towards him. Her pace was slow and calculated. She wasn't looking at him. Her mind was somewhere else just like his few minutes back.

There was small stone on her path. With quick judgement that she would trip, he screamed, "Look out !". She stood shocked. Her eyes were wide open and she was shivering. The guards hurried towards her. "There was a rock. Where is your mind ?", he scolded her gently. "Your highness,I am sorry. I was here to apologize. I..",she stammered. Her cheeks became red.

"You don't have to be scared. You are safe here.", he said gently. Her eyes were almost moist. "I know, your highness. You have taken very good care of me even though I don't belong here. And here I am making silly mistakes. I don't know how to rectify myself.", she said.

He smiled at her innocence. He got closer to her and patted her shoulders gently. "You don't have to feel sorry. I am glad that you are happy with us and feel safe here. It will take time for you to adjust to new environment.", he said.

She smiled. Before she left, he said,"Feel free to stroll through this little garden. These beautiful flowers and the fresh grass can be relaxing sight." He at last felt peaceful. As he was taking a huge breath of relief, he saw Satyavati smiling at him. "When did you arrive ?", he inquired. "Not very long . I saw you advising Roopali and you seem happy now. That means my work is done and I can leave.", she replied. He laughed and asked her to stay a bit longer. "No, your highness!  But I think you have one more task to do. You were too harsh on Rani Gayatri. You must go instantly to console her.", she said.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment