Tuesday 23 June 2020

The Betrayal Story - Part 16


Gayatri had lost lot of weight. Her eyes had huge dark circles around them due to sleepless nights and crying. Her face was still stained with droplets of tears. Her always glowing face had lost it's glory. Her fragile body showed the self initiated sufferings. But her lost hope was instilled back when she rose up to see Amar Singh.

He walked closer to her and held her tight. She smiled as she cried. "Why are you punishing yourself for the mistake I made? You could have approached me and rectified my mistake like Satyavati did.", he said. She didn't like his comparison of her with Satyavati. But she smiled to hide her true feelings from him. He had not spoken or met her for three days when she had told him about her insecurities with Satyavati. She didn't want to lose him again.

"I thought you were mad again, your highness. I thought you didn't want to see me again. ", she wailed thinking about last few days. He brushed her back gently. "Don't think too much. I was busy nursing my emotions and didn't realize that others would get affected too with my over involvement with myself. I am sorry, I hurt you.", he consoled her. 

"My king was in grief, I didn't know. What a fool I am?", she cried again. The king understood her emotional outburst and made her sit on the edge of the bed to calm her down. As he sat next to her, he spoke, "Please forgive me, Gayatri. I can't see you crying like this. I want my charming wife back. The palace is missing your carefree spirit."

She finally smiled. After wiping her tears and taking deep breath, she spoke calmly, "Amarji, what is bothering you so much? How can I help to reduce it?" He smiled watching his wife get back to normalcy. "Oh it's nothing. Just some thoughts.", he said. "Won't you share it with me ?", she coaxed him.

"Well, I didn't like the way Roopali had left. It seemed like she wasn't happy leaving.", he said. Gayatri was in euphoric state and didn't realize what she had said. "Your highness, if you don't mind, I have an idea. Why don't you meet her and ask her what is bothering her?" , she said. However, she soon realized the mistake she had made. Amar Singh hugged her and agreed to meet her the next day. Gayatri wanted to hit herself for suggestion she had made. But she didn't do anything. She sat simply and stared at him as he left.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment