Sunday 2 August 2020

The Betrayal Story - Part 29

Amar Singh Rawal came home the following day. He was victorious in his pursuit to avenge his friend’s death. He had installed the loyal minister of his friend as the new king in his kingdom. But when he came home, he was shocked. He hadn’t expected the enemies to attack his kingdom in his absence. 

He was angry for few moments.But he was overjoyed the way his cousin , Ratan , faced the enemy. He also felt happy to hear that Roopali had played important role in safeguarding his kingdom and people. To show his gratitude, he was going to announce a great news next day. Gayatri wasn’t pleased.

Next day, he promoted Ratan to highest rank. He was about to announce new army unit which would be only women recruits that would trained and recruited by Roopali. He was also going to propose Roopali. But Gayatri interrupted him.

“Your highness, before you could put your complete trust on this women. I have something to disclose about her and I have the proofs.”, she said. “Don’t start again , my queen. I have already explained everyone assembled here that I don’t want to hear anything against Roopali.”, he said politely. He was in good mood. If it was any other day, he would have butchered her with stern words.

“Your highness, please allow me to show you the proof.  If you still think I am lying after seeing all the proofs I have , I am ready to face any punishment”, she said. The king with heavy heart let her speak. Roopali was tensed. She never expected her truth would be out like this. She regretted hiding her past from him.

“Your highness, meet Rehman, the captured soldier as well as Rashid’s spy. After his capture, he had many interesting things to share.”,Gayatri said as soldiers bought the prisoner in front of the king. “Your highness, I have not been influenced by anyone assembled here. I was instead shocked to find Mariam a.k.a Roopali fighting us. She was sent by our king to trap you.”, he said. The king was taken aback. He was confused. He believed it was lie.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment