Sunday 9 August 2020

The Betrayal Story - Part 33

Amar Singh Rawal was in dilemma. He had his lover on one side who had betrayed him and his people while his whole kingdom entrusted him with duty to give them justice. Roopali’s story seemed good to be true. His heart wanted to believe her but his mind opposed.

He stomped out of his chambers and headed towards Satyavati’s room. On his way, he found Gayatri heading towards him. She was smiling. He walked past her without even greeting her. She turned and watch him go while her heart burnt in sadness.

She had thought she would get his complete attention. She had bought that wretched girl’s truth in front of everyone. She had also  tried to persuade Roopali to leave and she had agreed. But still Gayatri couldn’t gain his attention.

Amar Singh reached Satyavati’s room. She was giving orders to her maid servants on renovating her room. She planned to replace certain furniture. When she saw the king’s fallen face, she dismissed everyone out from her room. “What is it, your highness? I see you are lost in some thoughts?”, she asked.

“I need your help. I am not able to decide what to do with current situation. If I support the girl I love, I will be disrespectful to my people. If I support my people, my love will lose.”, he poured out his heart. She wasn’t surprised. She knew her husband well. 

“Do what you think is right and choose wisely.”, she said. Amar Singh was still confused. He wondered what was right. Roopali watched them from outside. She was in disguise of maid servant. She had escaped from her prison with help of Gayatri’s trusted aides. She had come to visit the king one last time. As she searched for him, she found him discussing his thoughts with his queen. She knew he would choose his people due to his selfless  love for his people.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment