Tuesday 4 August 2020

The Betrayal Story - Part 30

Amar Singh Rawal stared at the prisoner in disbelief . He wondered whether it was true. He then gazed at Roopali. Her face was pale.She seemed nervous. She looked at the floor and fidgeted  her fingers constantly. 

“I will kill you if this is proved lie, prisoner ! Roopali , tell him the truth”, he growled. Roopali shook in fear. “Your highness, it's .true!”, she stammered. The king stood up in shock. She had no courage to look at the king. Guilt and fear absorbed her mind and soul. People were whispering in background. Gayatri smirked. This is what she wanted.

“I wanted to share my past with you since many days. But I had no courage to face you, my king.", Roopali spoke with heavy heart. Tears welled up in her eyes, she continued, "My real name is Geetanjali. I was a princess of not very big kingdom. That wretched Rashid took my world. He plundered my city and killed my people. He slaughtered my father. After conquering our city, he put us in his harem. We tried to escape many times and later accepted our fate out of frustration. Our identity was changed and to the world, I became Mariam. Years passed by. I became his favorite."

Amar was disheartened. He didn't know what he should be doing. Should he imprison her for being unfaithful or should he pardon her as she suffered a lot? He was in dilemma. "I was sent here to seduce you so that he could capture Rawalgarh easily as well as send him important updates on your activities.", she said. 

Before she could share how his love transformed her , Amar Singh interrupted, “I have heard enough from you. Your sorrowful story will not melt my heart. Your betrayal broke my trust. I gave you life , identity and love. You destroyed it. I fought with my closed ones to safeguard your dignity and you broke my heart.” His eyes turned red and he ordered his guards to take her away. 

“Take her away! I don’t want to see her. I might do something. Keep her far from my sight” were his last words. As the guards were taking her away, she turned to catch a last glimpse of him. Her heart ached when she saw hatred filled in his eyes.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment