Sunday 16 August 2020

The Betrayal Story - Part 36

Rasheed was burning with negative emotions. His soul reeked of hate.  He wanted to throw her out from his kingdom, wrapped with humiliation and shaming. He wanted to send across a message and fear to various kingdoms under him to not to show her any mercy by taking her in. He wanted her to wander the desert aimlessly before her delicate body rots in this place.

But that wasn’t easy. There were other kings rebelling against him who would take her and use her against him. What if Amar Singh changed his mind and took her back ? If that happened, his efforts of seizing Rawalgarh would be wasted. He had to do something. He smirked when an idea struck him. But first he wanted answers to his questions- why did she betray him? 

“You took your new identity seriously, Mariam. You butchered my trust and love. But tell me , love , why did you betray me ?” , he asked . “ I didn’t betray you. It was vengeance. You took away my family, people, name and identity. I was devoid of hope and life until I met Amar Singh. He bought back my life. He bought back purpose in my life.”, she said vengefully.

“You still feel grateful for that man who choose his people over you.”, he said ruefully. “Yes, I feel proud that he chose his people over me. This shows he cares for people unlike you. You on other hand use people for your own purpose. When it’s met, you discard them.”, she said.

 “You are demon in guise of human. You think you would have welcomed me and given me some reward in form of land, name and recognition. You would kill me and I don’t feel remorse of betraying you.”, she spoke her heart out.

He was seething in anger. Instantly he took out his sword and beheaded her. Her head fell down from her body , shocking the soldiers gathered there. “What did you do ? Why would you kill her? You could have imprisoned her for life!”, his trusted aide said. “To use her death as examples to everyone who revolts me.”, he said. Later he ordered,” Let’s preserve her head to be presented to my beloved enemy.”


(To be continued)




No comments:

Post a Comment