Thursday 10 September 2020

The Betrayal Story - Part 42

Amar Singh Rawal was mourning the death of his beloved. He had withdrawn himself from all the duties and spent his day in guilt. One fine day , he was distracted from his thoughts towards the loud voices coming from outside. The voices were of someone arguing with his guards.

He walked outside to see what was the commotion about. He wasn’t surprised to see Suryavanshi arguing with one of guards. “Whose orders are you following? Do you know who I am?”,Suryavanshi asked. The guard didn’t argue . He stood silent with  his gaze bent downward.

“He is following my orders. I had asked him to not to let anyone inside my chamber.”, the king spoke. Everyone stayed quiet including Suryavanshi who was now embarrassed. 

“What is it you want ?”, Amar asked. “Your highness, I have some news for you. It’s about Roopali.”, his brother in law replied. “I don’t want to hear. I can’t bear to hear anything negative news about her. Please leave me alone.”, he snapped as he turned to leave.

“I found out who helped her to escape from the prison.”, Suryavanshi spoke immediately to gain the king’s attention. Amar turned back. He called him inside as he wanted to get the first hand information and didn’t want others to spread rumours on what they heard.

“My spies provide valuable source of information. They have never wronged me. It’s Queen Gayatri who helped her escape. My sources tell me that the few  prisoners and guards have seen her speaking to Roopali . She was enticing her to escape from prison.”, he said. Amar was shocked. He was betrayed by that person whose innocence attracted him. 

(To be continued)





No comments:

Post a Comment