Thursday 17 September 2020

The Betrayal Story - Part 44

 Gayatri's heart was beating faster. The whispers around her were getting louder. Everyone wanted to know the name of the traitor while she wished the truth never got out. “ I never planned to do this . I only wanted attention and love from my husband. Is it sin to desire husband’s love ?”, she said aloud.

It took her few minutes to realise what blunder she had done. The people exclaimed in shock. “No, my Queen! But if you had shared your insecurities with me, I could have helped.”, Amar spoke. Gayatri laughed sarcastically. “Would you have left your mistress if I had asked you?”, she asked.

The king stayed silent. “Your silence answered my question, your highness . Why would you leave her for me? You had lost interest in me just like you had lost interest in Queen Satyavati when you bought me to this kingdom as your bride.”, she continued. 

Satyavati listened intently. She didn’t interfere. She let her speak out her emotions. “I tried several ways to get your attention. I failed. I even tried to accept the fact that I have to share you with her. But I couldn’t . I am not like Queen Satyavati.”, Gayatri spoke.

As she poured out her emotions , tears welled up in her eyes. Her eyes were red , filled with pain and love. “I had to take the wrong route. I ordered my spies to spy on Roopali. As soon as I found out her true identity, I bought it in front of you. I assumed you would exile her or sentence her to death. But you didn’t do anything. Instead you put her into prison.” , she spoke.

“Then I watched you suffer and to get you back , I manipulated her to escape from prison by blaming her for your suffering. It was true. You suffered due to her betrayal. I told her to go as far as you can and never show your face again.", she said without any remorse. "She betrayed out of compulsion not by choice. What about you? You had choice. No one tried to force you to betray me.", Amar said. "You still think she is right.", she snorted. "No one is right ! She was wrong and so were you. Do you know what consequences your action bought? Do you have bit of guilt for what you did? You killed not only our beautiful relationship. You killed an unborn child as well the mother for your selfish need.", he growled. She opened her mouth to say something but he signaled her to stop and ordered the guards to take her from his sight. She was exiled to a palace faraway from the kingdom and given all the luxuries. Her punishment was that she would no longer meet the king. She spent her entire life pining for him. But  the story didn't end here. 

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment