Tuesday 15 September 2020

The Betrayal Story - Part 43

 Amar Singh Rawal was shocked. He had almost lost his balance. He didn’t understand why would Gayatri would stoop so low to get him. He wished she had come to him to discuss her insecurities. 

“Your highness, are you fine?”, Suryavanshi asked. “How do you expect me to react? Obviously I am hurt and angry.”, he muttered. Suryavanshi stayed quiet. He didn’t want to lose his head by putting into an angry lion’s mouth. He remembered the last incident when he was insulted by the king in front of everyone.

The king called one of his guards to send message everyone to assemble at the court. He had made his decision and he had to inform the public about it. The ministers and royal members  assembled at the court. They were confused as to what news king wanted to share.

The king arrived and everyone arose from their seats to greet him. They were happy to see him back in action. They sat after the king sat on his throne. He looked at his people and thought of how he was going to break the news. But he had to as he couldn’t keep the criminal free in his kingdom.

“I am sorry for not doing my duty since war towards you properly. This war has broken me and I had to heal. I had to clear my mind to get back to serving my people. Now I am better.”, he said. Everyone were happy especially Gayatri. “At last my king is back to his old self”, she thought.

“Before I can fully takeover my duties, I want to clean the dirt from this kingdom. I cannot do my duties  peacefully , knowing that my kingdom is tainted with such dirty mindsets.”, he said , surprising everyone at the court. “Suryavanshi bought me some news that he and his spies were investigating. It’s about that culprit who had manipulated Roopali to escape.”, he said. Gayatri’s heart pounded faster at thought of king knowing the truth. “I made my decision”, he said . Gayatri’s face turned pale. She wanted to die before she could face the wrath of the king.

(To be continued)


1 comment: